Mailing List Archive

Unable to Install Matplotlib & Pandas for Python 3.10
Hello, I downloaded & installed Python 3.10 but it didn't replace Python
3.9. And now I can't install Matplotlib & Pandas. What should I do?
Re: Unable to Install Matplotlib & Pandas for Python 3.10 [ In reply to ]
On 2021-10-24 12:41, Anik Dey wrote:
> Hello, I downloaded & installed Python 3.10 but it didn't replace Python
> 3.9. And now I can't install Matplotlib & Pandas. What should I do?

Multiple versions of Python can exist alongside each other.

You haven't said what you mean by "can't install".

If you're on Windows, you can install libraries by using the Windows
Command Prompt and typing:

py -3.10 -m pip install matplotlib
py -3.10 -m pip install pandas

"py" is the Python launcher and "py -3.10" will make it run Python 3.10
specifically.
Re: Unable to Install Matplotlib & Pandas for Python 3.10 [ In reply to ]
On 10/24/21 09:46, MRAB wrote:
> On 2021-10-24 12:41, Anik Dey wrote:
>> Hello, I downloaded & installed Python 3.10 but it didn't replace Python
>> 3.9. And now I can't install Matplotlib & Pandas. What should I do?
>>
> Multiple versions of Python can exist alongside each other.
>
> You haven't said what you mean by "can't install".
>
> If you're on Windows, you can install libraries by using the Windows
> Command Prompt and typing:
>
> py -3.10 -m pip install matplotlib
> py -3.10 -m pip install pandas

except... if there aren't wheels yet. easy to check:

https://pypi.org/project/matplotlib/#files
https://pypi.org/project/pandas/#files

and... there aren't. stick with 3.9 for now if you really need these,
or go with one of the unofficial builds that can be found with some
searching.

Re: Unable to Install Matplotlib & Pandas for Python 3.10 [ In reply to ]
On 2021-10-24 23:59, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 10/24/21 09:46, MRAB wrote:
> > On 2021-10-24 12:41, Anik Dey wrote:
> >> Hello, I downloaded & installed Python 3.10 but it didn't replace Python
> >> 3.9. And now I can't install Matplotlib & Pandas. What should I do?
> >>
> > Multiple versions of Python can exist alongside each other.
> >
> > You haven't said what you mean by "can't install".
> >
> > If you're on Windows, you can install libraries by using the Windows
> > Command Prompt and typing:
> >
> > py -3.10 -m pip install matplotlib
> > py -3.10 -m pip install pandas
>
> except... if there aren't wheels yet. easy to check:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/matplotlib/#files
> https://pypi.org/project/pandas/#files
>
> and... there aren't. stick with 3.9 for now if you really need these,
> or go with one of the unofficial builds that can be found with some
> searching.
Ah, yes, Christoph Gohlke's site has them:

https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#matplotlib