Are there alternatives to read, edit and run Jupyter Notebook?

Regards,

David
Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
Den 2021-10-20 skrev Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com>:

> My Jupyter notebook becomes unresponsive in browsers.

Odd, I never had any problems like that. I use Firefox on Linux.

> Are there alternatives to read, edit and run Jupyter Notebook?

I know some people use emacs orgmode. I have never tried it
myself and do not know how well it works.

/Martin
Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
If you're experiencing issues with Jupyter, perhaps try JupyterLab:
JupyterLab Documentation — JupyterLab 3.2.3 documentation
<https://jupyterlab.readthedocs.io/en/stable/>

Or VS Code, which is also open-source and has support for Jupyter notebooks:
Working with Jupyter Notebooks in Visual Studio Code
<https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/datascience/jupyter-notebooks>

Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
Does this help?

Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
Sorry, gmail got in a hurry to send my message :)

Does this help? https://lwn.net/Articles/855875/

Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
Martin Schöön <martin.schoon@gmail.com> writes:

> Den 2021-10-20 skrev Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com>:
>>
>> My Jupyter notebook becomes unresponsive in browsers.
>>
> Odd, I never had any problems like that. I use Firefox on Linux.
>
>> Are there alternatives to read, edit and run Jupyter Notebook?
>>
> I know some people use emacs orgmode. I have never tried it
> myself and do not know how well it works.

I don't know Jupyter well enough to know whether Org mode is a real
alternative. However, with Org mode you can combine text and code in
multiple languages, run the code within Emacs and then export the
results in various formats such as PDF and HTML.

I use it to collate monthly statistics by running shell scripts on a
remove server to generate data in tables within the Org file, running R
code on the data to generate plots from the data. I finally export the
whole report to a PDF. This is all done within a single local Emacs
instance.

YMMV.

Cheers,

Loris

Re: Alternatives to Jupyter Notebook [ In reply to ]
Den 2021-11-15 skrev Loris Bennett <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de>:
> Martin Schöön <martin.schoon@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Den 2021-10-20 skrev Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> My Jupyter notebook becomes unresponsive in browsers.
>>>
>> Odd, I never had any problems like that. I use Firefox on Linux.
>>
>>> Are there alternatives to read, edit and run Jupyter Notebook?
>>>
>> I know some people use emacs orgmode. I have never tried it
>> myself and do not know how well it works.
>
> I don't know Jupyter well enough to know whether Org mode is a real
> alternative. However, with Org mode you can combine text and code in
> multiple languages, run the code within Emacs and then export the
> results in various formats such as PDF and HTML.

I realise I was not making myself clear. Orgmode is great. Full stop.

What I don't have experience of is combining orgmode with Jupyter.

/Martin