Mailing List Archive

EuroPython Society: Launching the EuroPython Society Fellow Grant
We are excited to announce the new EuroPython Society Fellow Grant.

The grant is intended to honor and show gratitude towards members of the
EuroPython Society (EPS) and the EuroPython Workgroups who have
contributed significantly towards our mission, the EuroPython conference
and the Society as an organization.

EuroPython Fellows
------------------

EuroPython Fellows are eligible to a lifetime free attendance of the
EuroPython conference and will be listed on our EuroPython Society
Fellow Grant page.

https://www.europython-society.org/europython-society-fellow-grant/

The EuroPython Board will decide on new Fellowships based on nominations
by the EPS members and its own deliberations.

Our first Fellows
-----------------

To launch the grant, the current board has decided to make all board
members since 2012 who have served at least two terms and are not
members of the current board EuroPython Fellows:

- Alexander Hendorf
- Alexandre Manhaes Savio
- Anthon van der Neut
- Borja Ayerdi
- Christian Calogero Barra
- Darya Chyzhyk
- Fabio Pliger
- Jacob Hall?n
- Vicky Twomey-Lee

In our last board call, we added two additional Fellows:

- Laura Creighton (2021)
- Oier Etxaniz Beneitez (2021, posthumously)

The board will announce more Fellows in the coming weeks. If you are an
EPS member and want to nominate another member as a Fellow, please write
to board@europython.eu and include the reasons why you believe the
member should become a Fellow.

The EPS Board would like to congratulate all of the above Fellows and
thank them for their tireless work towards our goals.

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog posts:

https://www.europython-society.org/launching-the-europython-society-fellow-grant/
https://www.europython-society.org/new-europython-society-fellows/

Tweets: