Mailing List Archive

Re: Python Package documentation error
Hi Python Team,
I think the statement "The __init__.py files are required to make Python
treat directories containing the file as packages" is wrong in the
documentation[1] because it is valid only for Python 2.x version not Python
3.x version.

Even though it is good practice to have this file, it is not mandatory to
have in Python 3x. to treat directories as packages. So I think we should
correct it.

[1]
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/modules.html?highlight=packages#packages

Thanks,