Mailing List Archive

Scraping of Google Map to get the address of locations for given geocodes.
Dear all,
I have the following question regarding how to scrape Google Map to get
address based on a given list of geocodes.
Given a list of geocodes (latitude; longitude) of locations, I would like
to scrape municipalities of all the spots in the list. How can I do that?

For example, I have

lat lon

1) -34.5722317 -58.4314464

2) -34.553906 -58.4520949

3) -34.5661444 -58.4964289

4) -34.5648053 -58.4431567

5) -34.5664089 -58.4323004

6) -34.5664089 -58.4323004

And I want to get the name of municipality (city/town), or alternatively
the address, of each location.

I would appreciate it, if anyone can advise me how to do that.

Thanks

Best regards

Michio
Re: Scraping of Google Map to get the address of locations for given geocodes. [ In reply to ]
On 2021-09-02 at 20:12:19 -0300,
Michio Suginoo <msuginoo@reversalpoint.com> wrote:

> I have the following question regarding how to scrape Google Map to get
> address based on a given list of geocodes.
> Given a list of geocodes (latitude; longitude) of locations, I would like
> to scrape municipalities of all the spots in the list. How can I do that?
>
> For example, I have
>
> lat lon
>
> 1) -34.5722317 -58.4314464
>
> 2) -34.553906 -58.4520949
>
> 3) -34.5661444 -58.4964289
>
> 4) -34.5648053 -58.4431567
>
> 5) -34.5664089 -58.4323004
>
> 6) -34.5664089 -58.4323004
>

> And I want to get the name of municipality (city/town), or alternatively
> the address, of each location.
>

> I would appreciate it, if anyone can advise me how to do that.

Is scraping Google Map a hard requirement?

Both geopy? and geocoder? can translate those coordinates into street
addresses directly, and their documentation even explains how to bypass
the libraries and go straight to the service providers.

? https://geopy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
? https://geocoder.readthedocs.io/