latest version, I get this message (attached file), I have already
reinstalled the program several times and the same message keeps
appearing; What solution could you give me, thank you!
Re: software installation problems [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 4:37 PM randy darwin lozanovalle
<rlozanovalle14@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning, when I run the Python program after installing the
> latest version, I get this message (attached file), I have already
> reinstalled the program several times and the same message keeps
> appearing; What solution could you give me, thank you!

This is "no-attachment" list.
Please copy and paste the error inside the message body.

Thank you.

Re: software installation problems [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:37:26 -0500, randy darwin lozanovalle
<rlozanovalle14@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>Good morning, when I run the Python program after installing the
>latest version, I get this message (attached file), I have already
>reinstalled the program several times and the same message keeps
>appearing; What solution could you give me, thank you!

No attachments on this forum -- if it can't be cut&paste TEXT you will
have to put the image on some file server and provide a URL -- note that if
said URL is some nasty numeric string from a shortener, many of us will NOT
click on it -- the URL should be a clear string with the ending telling
WHAT exactly is being accessed (.../screenimage.jpg for example).

However, 99% of the time the matter is very simple... You are clicking
on the INSTALLER file. Python is NOT a GUI IDE. Once you have installed it,
hide that installer file somewhere -- on a USB flash drive say -- and
delete it from where ever you downloaded it to. Python is a command line
interpreter, one edits Python scripts using the editor of their choice (not
a word processor), and runs it from the command shell by entering something
like

python myscript.py

-=-=-
C:\Users\Wulfraed>type Script1.py
from pathlib import Path

def listItems(basepath):
print("Processing: %s" % basepath)
items = list(basepath.iterdir())
files = [x for x in items if x.is_file()]
dirs = [x for x in items if x.is_dir()]
for f in files:
print("\tFile: %s" % f)
for d in dirs:
listItems(d)

if __name__ == "__main__":
p = Path(".")
listItems(p)

C:\Users\Wulfraed>python3 script.py
python3: can't open file 'script.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

C:\Users\Wulfraed>python3 script1.py
Processing: .
File: .flexprop.config
File: .gitconfig
File: .kdiff3rc
File: .python_history
File: .RData
File: .Rhistory
File: 2015 Wards Geology Catalog.pdf
File: aCalendar.HTML
File: all_ddl.sql
File: BBBser.py
File: BBBser2.py
File: BBBser3.py
File: clang_ref_cache.db
File: cp.txt
File: D74.pdf
File: default-loc.xml
File: default.gpr
File: demo.bexch
File: demo.c
File: demo.c.stderr
File: demo.c.stdout
File: demo.d
File: demo.exe
File: demo.o
SNIP
-=-=-

Python is packaged by a number of providers, not just python.org (among
other there are ActiveState, AnaConda, and now the Win10 M$ application
store has a python installer). What is included with each package differs
-- many may include a Tkinter script called IDLE as a basic IDE (I don't
use it, and hated it the few times I had to start it at work; ActiveState
Windows installs included PythonWin as an IDE -- but in the last few years
ActiveState has required one to register with them before one can download
their package).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/