Mailing List Archive

a simple question
I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.
     thanks, glenn
Re: a simple question [ In reply to ]
It would help to know the error message you get every time.

Re: a simple question [ In reply to ]
On 27/07/2021 10.19, Glenn Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.

Python comes with "batteries included". However, if 'everything' was
made immediately-available, each of your program[me]s would be very
long. Accordingly, the 'batteries' are kept in what is called "The
Python Standard Library". To use a library it must be import-ed into
your code.

Docs describing the library are available on-line, specifically the
turtle module (and some examples of its use) can be found at:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/turtle.html

Have fun!
=dn
Re: a simple question [ In reply to ]
On 7/26/2021 6:19 PM, Glenn Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.

On Windows, normal install,
C:\Users\Terry>py -3.9 -m turtle
C:\Users\Terry>py -3.9 -m turtledemo
both work.