company if you discriminate against people who have overcome past struggles*
.

--
--Kyle R. Stanley, Python Core Developer (what is a core dev?
<https://devguide.python.org/coredev/>)
*Pronouns: they/them **(why is my pronoun here?*
<http://feministing.com/2015/02/03/how-using-they-as-a-singular-pronoun-can-change-the-world/>
)
Re: The importance of mental health [ In reply to ]
Hello Kyle,

I don't personally know you but I am glad you are on the recovery side.

Regards
Karim

Re: The importance of mental health [ In reply to ]
Am 10.05.2021 um 15:16 schrieb Kyle Stanley:
> Hey all,
>
> In these last few months, I have been in the process of healing from some
> pretty heavy past trauma. And now that I am on the road to recovery, I want
> to share my journey with the Python community in hopes that it may reach
> those that are struggling with their own mental health battles, as many of
> us are during these dark and difficult times.
>
> Trigger warning that it includes a decent amount of highly personal
> content, so only check it out if you are okay with that:
> https://discuss.python.org/t/break-from-open-source/6372/7?u=aeros.
>
> To anyone that would limit my employment opportunities as a result of
> having had these struggles, *that's perfectly okay*. I kept the post in the
> private section because I was originally in fear of discriminate. However,
> I have reached an important conclusion: *I would not want to work for your
> company if you discriminate against people who have overcome past struggles*
> .

Thank you for your courage! This is what we need. True, genuine and
honest stories from people with mental health issues. To demystify
and destigmatize the entire topic. Everybody happily runs to the
doctors to get antibiotics/antivirals for their simple cold and
everybody literally "loves* to complain about how bad they feel when
having a cold. But even today in the year 2021, very few people dare
to go public with their "mental cold" or their "mental cancer". The
danger of mockery or discrimination is still far to high.

All the best, Kyle and good luck! :-)
Re: The importance of mental health [ In reply to ]
I do not know you and your past but guess destigmatization of mental
illnesses is an important agenda to people,