Mailing List Archive

[OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login
On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:

> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well).  I
> have no idea how to fix it.  :(

OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
Newsgroup.

Does that appear once or twice?

In theory it should go to the newsgroup only which would mirror it to
the list.

Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/21 7:39 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:

>> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well). I have no idea how to fix it. :(
>
> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to Newsgroup.
>
> Does that appear once or twice?
>
> In theory it should go to the newsgroup only which would mirror it to the list.

Only once.

--
~Ethan~
Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/21 9:39 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well).
>> I have no idea how to fix it.  :(
>
> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
> Newsgroup.
>
> Does that appear once or twice?
>
> In theory it should go to the newsgroup only which would mirror it to
> the list.

FWIW, none of the messages in this this thread are dupes for me and I
can't remember the last time I saw a dupe from you.

Regards, Jim

Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 2021-05-05, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 5/5/21 9:39 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
>> On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:
>>
>>> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well).
>>> I have no idea how to fix it.?? :(
>>
>> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
>> Newsgroup.
>>
>> Does that appear once or twice?
>>
>> In theory it should go to the newsgroup only which would mirror it to
>> the list.
>>

> FWIW, none of the messages in this this thread are dupes for me and I
> can't remember the last time I saw a dupe from you.

Are you reading this via the mailinglist or Usenet?
--
Jan v/d Broek
balglaas@dds.nl
Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 2021-05-05, Peter Otten <__peter__@web.de> wrote:
> On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well).?? I
>> have no idea how to fix it.?? :(
>
> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
> Newsgroup.
>
> Does that appear once or twice?

Here, once.

--
Jan v/d Broek
balglaas@dds.nl
Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 05/05/2021 20:08, Jan van den Broek wrote:
> On 2021-05-05, Peter Otten <__peter__@web.de> wrote:
>> On 05/05/2021 16:10, Ethan Furman wrote:
>>
>>> I see your messages twice (occasionally with other posters as well).?? I
>>> have no idea how to fix it.?? :(
>>
>> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
>> Newsgroup.
>>
>> Does that appear once or twice?
>
> Here, once.

OK, thanks Jan for bringing this up. From now on I'll try to use the
"followup" option consistently.

All, if you see duplicate posts more than once in a while you may inform
me -- private mail is probably preferred by those who don't ;).

Re: [OT] Annoying message duplication, was Re: Unsubscribe/can't login [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/21 1:07 PM, Jan van den Broek wrote:
> On 2021-05-05, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> OK, I'll try another option from Thunderbird's context menu: Followup to
>>> Newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Does that appear once or twice?
>>>
>>> In theory it should go to the newsgroup only which would mirror it to
>>> the list.
>>>

>> FWIW, none of the messages in this this thread are dupes for me and I
>> can't remember the last time I saw a dupe from you.
>
> Are you reading this via the mailinglist or Usenet?

Reading it using Thunderbird via news.gmane.io

Regards, Jim