It generates a file, no errors reported.

So I open up the file in a PS viewer (2, actually),
and the saved file looks like someone left a
watercolor out in the rain.

Artifacts everywhere, the lines are blurred, and the
text is unreadable.

Googling was unhelpful; did I miss something?

TIA
Re: Where is the problem? [ In reply to ]
RD wrote:

> Python 3.4.3 on WinXP.
>
> I create a Tk canvas and draw on it with create_text(),
> create_line(), and create_polygon with fill and stipple.
>
> So far, so good, looks fine on the screen.
>
> So I go to send it to a postsctript file:
>
> bmap.postscript(file="tmp.ps", colormode='color')
>
> It generates a file, no errors reported.
>
> So I open up the file in a PS viewer (2, actually),
> and the saved file looks like someone left a
> watercolor out in the rain.
>
> Artifacts everywhere, the lines are blurred, and the
> text is unreadable.
>
> Googling was unhelpful; did I miss something?
>
> TIA

I have a couple of postscript saving examples
that include the following geometry parameters
which produce .ps files that render the same
as the canvas drawings when viewed in ghostsript.

retval = canvas.postscript(
file = "image/ps/xyzzy.ps ,
height = 400 ,
width = 400 ,
pagewidth = 400 ,
pageheight = 400 ,
colormode = "color" )

Perhaps adding the geomerty parameters
might help.

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being

Re: Where is the problem? [ In reply to ]
In article <s1c69g$h7s$1@dont-email.me>, cousinstanley@gmail.com says...

[snip]

> I have a couple of postscript saving examples
> that include the following geometry parameters
> which produce .ps files that render the same
> as the canvas drawings when viewed in ghostsript.

> retval = canvas.postscript(
> file = "image/ps/xyzzy.ps ,
> height = 400 ,
> width = 400 ,
> pagewidth = 400 ,
> pageheight = 400 ,
> colormode = "color" )

[snip]

Wow! It worked! Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

RD
Re: Where is the problem? [ In reply to ]
RD wrote:

> In article <s1c69g$h7s$1@dont-email.me>, cousinstanley@gmail.com says...
>
> [snip]
>
>> I have a couple of postscript saving examples
>> that include the following geometry parameters
>> which produce .ps files that render the same
>> as the canvas drawings when viewed in ghostsript.
>
>> retval = canvas.postscript(
>> file = "image/ps/xyzzy.ps ,
>> height = 400 ,
>> width = 400 ,
>> pagewidth = 400 ,
>> pageheight = 400 ,
>> colormode = "color" )
>
> [snip]
>
> Wow! It worked! Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
>
> RD

You're welcome ....
You're Welcome ....
You're Welcome ....