Mailing List Archive

Pip standard error warning about dependency resolver
I started seeing this sometimes from pip:

After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves dependency conflicts.

Yeah, sure, that's something to consider. We seem fine with the new resolver. Is there a way to suppress it? We have some back end operations that fail when we get output on standard error, and they're dying from that notice.
Re: Pip standard error warning about dependency resolver [ In reply to ]
I understand your problem and I know that sometimes it is not possible
to do it differently. But as far as my understanding goes, your backend
operations should not die on outputs on stderr. I understand that is
what return values are for and as long as the return value is 0
everything went without error, even though there might be output on stderr.

That said. As far as I know you could try the commandline option for
using the new resolver explicitly. I don't know if there is an option
for "silent"

Cheers

Lars

--
---
punkt.de GmbH

Kaiserallee 13a
76133 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 9109 500
https://infrastructure.punkt.de
info@punkt.de

AG Mannheim 108285
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Egeling, Daniel Lienert, Fabian Stein