Mailing List Archive

Deleting Python 3.8.5
Hello there Python team, I?m having this problem were I installed Python 3.9.2 and then went to unistall 3.8.5 but here is the problem the version 3.8.5 dosen?t get deleted properly. The uninstall program says that everything worked but the files for 3.8.5 still exist algong with 3.9.2 can someone help me?
Re: Deleting Python 3.8.5 [ In reply to ]
On 2/22/2021 2:00 PM, Vinicius Costa Marques wrote:
> Hello there Python team, I’m having this problem were I installed Python 3.9.2 and then went to unistall 3.8.5 but here is the problem the version 3.8.5 dosen’t get deleted properly. The uninstall program says that everything worked but the files for 3.8.5 still exist algong with 3.9.2 can someone help me?

The 3.8 directory should still be there if you added anything thing,
such as to site-packages, but the stuff added by the installer should be
gone.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Re: Deleting Python 3.8.5 [ In reply to ]
On 23/02/2021 08.00, Vinicius Costa Marques wrote:
> Hello there Python team, I’m having this problem were I installed Python 3.9.2 and then went to unistall 3.8.5 but here is the problem the version 3.8.5 dosen’t get deleted properly. The uninstall program says that everything worked but the files for 3.8.5 still exist algong with 3.9.2 can someone help me?

Removal varies by Operating System!

Regardless, it's likely problematic trying to remove the 'old', *after*
installing the 'new'.

Perhaps remove any and all versions, ensure the system is 'clean', then
start-again...
=dn
Re: Deleting Python 3.8.5 [ In reply to ]
On 2021-02-22, Vinicius Costa Marques <vinicius_costamarques@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there Python team, I’m having this problem were I installed
>Python 3.9.2 and then went to unistall 3.8.5 but here is the problem
>the version 3.8.5 dosen’t get deleted properly.
>The uninstall program says that everything worked but the files
>for 3.8.5 still exist algong with 3.9.2 can someone help me?

I wouldn't do that, you can meet missing libraries for Py3.9.2 and then
need to install Py3.8 again. Just wait with uninstalling Py3.8 for a
while.