I had uninstalled and installed Python in Windows 10 but I am getting the error below. Can you please help ?
C:\Users\mchak>pythonFatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streamsPython runtime state: core initializedAttributeError: module 'io' has no attribute 'OpenWrapper'
Regards,Mayukh
Re: Python Error [ In reply to ]
> On 23 Nov 2020, at 14:10, Mayukh Chakraborty via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I had uninstalled and installed Python in Windows 10 but I am getting the error below. Can you please help ?
> C:\Users\mchak>pythonFatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streamsPython runtime state: core initializedAttributeError: module 'io' has no attribute 'OpenWrapper'
> Regards,Mayukh

Which version of python are you installing and where did you download it from?
Do you have more than one version of python installed?

Does the command:

py

work?

If you have python from python.org installed you should be able to list all the version you have installed
with the command:

py -0

That is zero not oh.

Barry

Re: Python Error [ In reply to ]
On 11/23/2020 9:10 AM, Mayukh Chakraborty via Python-list wrote:
> Hi,
> I had uninstalled and installed Python in Windows 10 but I am getting the error below. Can you please help ?
> C:\Users\mchak>python
Fatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streams
Python runtime state: core initialized
AttributeError: module 'io' has no attribute 'OpenWrapper'

It is true that io has no OpenWrapper class. The question is What is
trying to use that? What installer are you using? I would
(re)download the one from python.org.
--
Terry Jan Reedy

Re: Python Error [ In reply to ]
Hi Terry,
1. The command py doesn't work. It gives me the error below :
C:\Users\mchak>pyFatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streamsPython runtime state: core initializedAttributeError: module 'io' has no attribute 'open'

2. If I use py -0, I get two installed versions. However, if I try to uninstall from Control Panel, I see only 3.9 version
C:\Users\mchak>py -0Installed Pythons found by py Launcher for Windows -3.9-64 * -3.8-64
3. I tried to uninstall v3.9 and reinstall but it didn't solve the issue.

Re: Python Error [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I have solved the issue by updating the Environment variables, now I am able to launch 'py' from the command prompt. However, I can't launch 'python' from command prompt. I am also encountering an issue when I try to execute the 'python' command from command prompt.
I had reinstalled the python packages (numpy, pandas, scipy etc) but I can't find a solution for this error.
C:\Users\mchak\Documents\Python>py ES.pyTraceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>    from . import multiarray  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\numpy\core\multiarray.py", line 12, in <module>    from . import overrides  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\numpy\core\overrides.py", line 7, in <module>    from numpy.core._multiarray_umath import (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\mchak\Documents\Python\ES.py", line 1, in <module>    import scipy as sp  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\scipy\__init__.py", line 61, in <module>    from numpy import show_config as show_numpy_config  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 140, in <module>    from . import core  File "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 48, in <module>    raise ImportError(msg)ImportError:
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!
Importing the numpy C-extensions failed. This error can happen formany reasons, often due to issues with your setup or how NumPy wasinstalled.
We have compiled some common reasons and troubleshooting tips at:
    https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/troubleshooting-importerror.html
Please note and check the following:
  * The Python version is: Python3.9 from "C:\Users\mchak\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe"  * The NumPy version is: "1.19.4"
and make sure that they are the versions you expect.Please carefully study the documentation linked above for further help.
Original error was: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'