Mailing List Archive

Error issue - Kindly resolve
Dear Sir/Madam,I am trying to install python on my laptop with windows 7, 32 bit operating system with service pac 1 installed. I have installed python 3.7.1 and some more versions but while opening the command prompt always it is showing the message as :The above program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing from  your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.Kindly resolve this issue and suggest the solution.Thanks and regardsSheetal M Chavan

Re: Error issue - Kindly resolve [ In reply to ]
Hi, Sheetal,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:44 PM sheetal chavan via Python-list
<python-list@python.org> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,I am trying to install python on my laptop with windows 7, 32 bit operating system with service pac 1 installed. I have installed python 3.7.1 and some more versions but while opening the command prompt always it is showing the message as :The above program can&rsquo;t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing from&nbsp; your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.Kindly resolve this issue and suggest the solution.Thanks and regardsSheetal M Chavan

Unfortunately we can't resolve it for you as we don't have access to
your machine.

But in reality - you are missing the Windows Runtime DLL. Google that name given
to you in the error, download it and instal it (preferably from the MS site).

Then you should be good to go.

Thank you.

Re: Error issue - Kindly resolve [ In reply to ]
On 2020-11-22 19:17, sheetal chavan via Python-list wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,I am trying to install python on my laptop with windows 7, 32 bit operating system with service pac 1 installed. I have installed python 3.7.1 and some more versions but while opening the command prompt always it is showing the message as :The above program can&rsquo;t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing from&nbsp; your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.Kindly resolve this issue and suggest the solution.Thanks and regardsSheetal M Chavan

Your PC is missing the Visual C++ Redistributable file
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

You'll need to download and install it.

The instructions are here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145