Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Trouble with uninstalling Python 3.8 from windows10
Hello
I'm a Python beginner. I installed last week python 3.8 64bit on windows 10 for the purpose of working with tiff images.
I next tried to import PIL (or pil), but was unsuccessful (all stackoverflow solutions didn't work either). I next thought this could be due to the python version, and wanted to removed the 3.8 in order to install an older version.
But I can't seem to uninstall: while the uninstaller gives a "successfully uninstalled" message, the python is not removed from the list of programs. I also tried deleting the python folder itself, this doesn't work. And of course have restarted the computer...
I then tried to modify via the applications list: I didn't receive the option of "modify" or "repair", only install. So I proceeded with the installation, which failed , error message 0x80070001
Any ideas how to solve these issues?
All the best
Guy