Version 3. Does anybody know when it will
become available?

Plan B is to install Python 2.7.18. I just
need an idea of how long I would need to
wait for Plan A.

Martin Leese
E-mail: please@see.Web.for.e-mail.INVALID
Web: http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/
Re: Any timeline for PIL for Python 3.4 [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/2020 2:35 pm, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Python 3.4.4, and would like to
> use the Python Imaging Library (PIL).  This
> is currently not available for Python
> Version 3.  Does anybody know when it will
> become available?

Try Pillow

https://pillow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation.html

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can
Re: Any timeline for PIL for Python 3.4 [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/2020 16:35, Martin wrote:
> I am running Python 3.4.4, and would like to
> use the Python Imaging Library (PIL).  This
> is currently not available for Python
> Version 3.  Does anybody know when it will
> become available?
>
> Plan B is to install Python 2.7.18.  I just
> need an idea of how long I would need to
> wait for Plan A.

1 PIL was discontinued about a decade back. Please use "Pillow" (a fork
- note first three letters), which is available from PyPI (pip3)

2 Bad news though, IIRC it requires Python 3.5+

3 Don't degrade to Py2 if you can at all avoid doing-so!
--
Regards =dn
Re: Any timeline for PIL for Python 3.4 [ In reply to ]
dn? 2020?8?11???? UTC+8??1?29?47????
> On 11/08/2020 16:35, Martin wrote:
> > I am running Python 3.4.4, and would like to
> > use the Python Imaging Library (PIL).  This
> > is currently not available for Python
> > Version 3.  Does anybody know when it will
> > become available?
> >
> > Plan B is to install Python 2.7.18.  I just
> > need an idea of how long I would need to
> > wait for Plan A.
>

> 1 PIL was discontinued about a decade back. Please use "Pillow" (a fork
> - note first three letters), which is available from PyPI (pip3)
>
> 2 Bad news though, IIRC it requires Python 3.5+
>
> 3 Don't degrade to Py2 if you can at all avoid doing-so!
> --
> Regards =dn

Pillow for Python 3.4 can be downloaded at this moment in time:-)

https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pillow

--Jach
Re: Any timeline for PIL for Python 3.4 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 2:41 PM Martin
<please@see.web.for.e-mail.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Python 3.4.4, and would like to
> use the Python Imaging Library (PIL). This
> is currently not available for Python
> Version 3. Does anybody know when it will
> become available?
>
> Plan B is to install Python 2.7.18. I just
> need an idea of how long I would need to
> wait for Plan A.

As others have said, Pillow is the way to go (it's API-compatible with
original PIL). But you may want to consider a newer Python - 3.4 is
now quite old.

ChrisA