Mailing List Archive

C- Python on Windows
Guenther Sohler writes:

Hi, Guenther!

> I have successfully used C-Python (3) in a software project in unix and its
> great stuff!
> The environment was cmake using g++ in Linux

Congratulations!

> Now when i want to get my project compiled in windows, whats the easiest
> development chain ?

That depends. One option is one of the environments (MSYS or Cygwin)
based on the GNU compiler chain. There is a python DLL supplied in
the Windows environment. Mingwin (+ MSYS?) should work with that, I'm
not sure if Cygwin does. Cygwin is more Unix-like, Mingwin is just a
GNU compiler chain for Windows. The other is the standard (and I
believe free) Visual C compiler from Microsoft.

Try https://docs.python.org/3/ for the docs you want: "Extending and
Embedding" and "Python/C API".

By the way, this isn't the appropriate place for this question. This
list is for development discussion of Python itself, and in fact is
very close to being phased out in favor of forums on discuss.python.org.

For further discussion, you probably want the "python-list@python.org"
mailing list, or the "python help" "discuss" channel for "development
*with* Python" questions.