Mailing List Archive

Re: [python-committers] Release of Python 3.11 beta 1 is currently blocked
On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 2:14 PM Pablo Galindo Salgado
<pablogsal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today we need to start the release of Python 3.11 beta 1. Currently, we have the following blockers:
>
> * https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/91162 (was deferred blocker - but all deferred blockers are bumped to release blockers on beta1).

"PEP 646: Decide on substitution behavior" where PEP 646 is "PEP 646 –
Variadic Generics", so something about typing.

Who can take this decision?

> * https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/91350

The main branch got a fix. The backport to 3.8 was missing because the
Docs CI failed: I repaired the PR #32250 which is now waiting for
Lukasz (Python 3.8 release manager) to merge it.

> * We have 3 buildbots failing: https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/release_status (some of the failures are due to flaky tests but others look real).

The FreeBSD buildbot has no working C compiler: I contacted Koobs who
maintains it. It's unrelated to Python itself.

TraceRefs: I wrote https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/92396 to fix
it => merged

A SSL test of test_asyncio failed on x86 Gentoo Non-Debug with X 3.x:
this buildbot is very slow, and the timeout is hardcoded to 30
seconds. I proposed https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/92402 to
use a timeout of 5 minutes (or longer, it's adapted to buildbot
--timeout argument).

Victor