Mailing List Archive

Release of Python 3.11 beta 1 is currently blocked
Hi everyone,

Today we need to start the release of Python 3.11 beta 1. Currently, we
have the following blockers:

* https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/91162 (was deferred blocker -
but all deferred blockers are bumped to release blockers on beta1).
* https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/91350
* We have 3 buildbots failing:
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/release_status (some of the failures are
due to flaky tests but others look real).

Please, if you are involved in the above issues check if they are resolved
or if they are not released blockers (notice any semantic change, API
change,
public data structure change or grammar change must be done before beta 1
is released). I will look at the buildbots later today but if you have some
time to investigate, that would help a lot!

*I am blocking the main branch so only the release team can merge changes*
until these problems are addressed and we can continue with the release.

Please, add me as a reviewer to any PR that needs to be merged to address
these issues or any other change that *absolutely needs to go into beta 1*.

Thanks for your help!

Regards from sunny London,
Pablo Galindo Salgado
Re: Release of Python 3.11 beta 1 is currently blocked [ In reply to ]
I should have started this email with "Nobody expects the Spanish
inquisition" :)