Mailing List Archive

Re: SC Acceptance: PEP 646 -- Variadic Generics
Hi Barry,

That's fantastic news!

Somewhat embarrassingly, on typing-sig we're still discussing one or two
final tweaks. In particular, the PEP as accepted forbids a certain
construct (passing a tuple of indefinite length to a function using `*args:
*Ts`) that after all we may actually want to allow. This would affect
static type checkers only, there's no change in the grammar or runtime
associated with lifting this restriction. See
https://github.com/python/peps/pull/2125

I presume the SC is okay with that?

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*