Mailing List Archive

The Steering Council elections.
(Not sending this out as a SC member, just as myself.)

Because we're half-way through the nomination period, I want to remind
people about the Steering Council elections, and the fact that *you do not
have to be a Core Developer to be nominated*, just to nominate someone
(including yourself). If you know someone who you think would be a good
person to have on the Steering Council, Core Developer or not, talk to
them. Offer to nominate them, if you're a Core Developer, or talk to a Core
Developer to do it.

For more information, see PEP 13 (Python Language Governance)
<https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0013/>, PEP 8103 (2022 Term steering
council election) <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8103/>, and Ee's
announcement
<https://discuss.python.org/t/steering-council-nominations-are-now-open-2022-term/11676>
on
how to nominate.

We still have about a week left, and I know there's several people who are
planning to nominate, so I'm not worried about the number of nominations...
But I would personally like a good, sizable pool of candidates, because
it's much better for the health and longevity of the SC model. (I will also
be nominating myself, I just haven't gotten around to making the actual
post yet.)

Electably-y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@python.org>

Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
spread!
Re: The Steering Council elections. [ In reply to ]
Just a reminder that the nomination period for the next SC ends *today*
(AoE), so if you're intending to nominate (yourself or someone else),
please get those posts in. (No need for a long post before the deadline, it
can be expanded later.) We currently have the 4 incumbents, and nobody
else, so please consider who you would like to see on the SC.

Re: The Steering Council elections. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:49 AM Thomas Wouters <thomas@python.org> wrote:

> Just a reminder that the nomination period for the next SC ends *today*
> (AoE), so if you're intending to nominate (yourself or someone else),
> please get those posts in. (No need for a long post before the deadline, it
> can be expanded later.) We currently have the 4 incumbents, and nobody
> else, so please consider who you would like to see on the SC.

Thanks for the reminder, Thomas. Although I have nobody to nominate or
consider myself to have the capacity and experience to self-nominate for
SC, it is great to see that the incumbents desire to have a wide pool of
applicants for the longevity of Python; rather than being on the SC
indefinitely.

Best Regards,
--
--Kyle R. Stanley, Python Core Developer (what is a core dev?
<https://devguide.python.org/coredev/>)