spurious email notifications to literally everybody subscribed to
cpython?  Which is a lot of people.

//arry/
Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
What notification? (I fully admit I may not have gotten one due to some
team I'm in, but I have no such notification if it happened recently.)

Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
On 11/4/21 12:21 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

> What notification? (I fully admit I may not have gotten one due to some team I'm in, but I have
> no such notification if it happened recently.)

I've received 20-30 in the last three or four days. I'm not concerned about it, just providing a data point.

--
~Ethan~
Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
I was looking into migrating twisted trac to github, and contacted GitHub
support who told me there's a secret API that doesn't notify subscribers
https://gist.github.com/jonmagic/5282384165e0f86ef105

Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
I've had about 5 or 6 of them.
Paul

Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
Hi Larry!
The steering council brought this thread (that I missed) up to my attention.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:17 AM Larry Hastings <larry@hastings.org> wrote:

> I guess this is part of the migration from bpo to GitHub issues?

It is: this is one of the repos that I'm using for testing. In
particular I'm using it for quick tests on specific issues, and it saw
some more activity during the sprints. The issues-test-bpo repo is
updated less frequently and it's supposed to look closer to the final
version.

> Maybe the initial work could be done in a private repo, to cut down on the spurious email notifications to literally everybody subscribed to cpython? Which is a lot of people.

The work is being done in private repos, but in order to showcase my
progress to the fellow core devs and triagers, I added these two
GitHub teams to the repos so that they could access them. People that
don't belong to these two teams are unable to access the repository
and shouldn't have received any notification.

Unfortunately, with each import I have to destroy and recreate the
repo, and add the teams again. I didn't realize this was sending out
notification to all core devs and triagers (and apparently not
everyone is receiving them, probably due to how they configured their
notification settings on GitHub) -- if I knew I would have been more
considerate :)

In the coming weeks, you will still receive a few more notifications
from issues-test-bpo as I reach major milestones and update the repo,
but you shouldn't see any more notification from issues-test-2 or the
other test repos.

If you would like to change your notification settings, see
https://docs.github.com/en/account-and-profile/managing-subscriptions-and-notifications-on-github/setting-up-notifications/configuring-notifications

If there are any other issues feel free to ping me directly, and sorry
for the noise!
--Ezio

Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
Hi Ezio,

What is the status of migrating Python issues to GitHub? Is it done?
If not, what are remaining issues?

Victor
Re: Oh look, I've been subscribed to python/issues-test-2 notifications again [ In reply to ]
Hi Victor,

You can check the status here: https://github.com/psf/gh-migration/projects/1

> Is it done?

Not yet, but we are aiming for mid-January.

> If not, what are remaining issues?

See https://github.com/psf/gh-migration/issues
There are a number of ancillary tools that need to be replaced that I
haven't looked into yet, and any help with those would be appreciated.
These are not blockers for the migration though, and they might be
addressed after the migration happened.

--Ezio