Mailing List Archive

Spam from Daniel Scott
Hi,

For 1 or 2 years, I'm getting spam messages from "Daniel Scott". It
started with empty replies to multiple Python mailing lists. Mailing
list owners: please block his email address. I never ever saw any
useless message from this name (sorry if a real Daniel Scott plans to
contribute to Python and will be blocked by mistake).

Today, I got an email to my @python.org email account.

And "Daniel Scott" also commented a closed issue:
"I left you to see conduct on phython assigned."
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/23734#issuecomment-916568696

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

What can we do to reduce the spam?

For GitHub, I reported the comment as a spam:

(o) I want to report abusive content or behavior
=> I want to report SPAM, a user that is disrupting me or my
organization's experience on GitHub, or a user who is using my
personal information without my permission
==> A user's profile or repository is SPAM.

In the comment, I added a link to this email :-)

"Daniel": Please stop what you are doing and try to find a better way
to use your free time. Thanks!

Victor