Mailing List Archive

Fixing sys.platlibdir usages in sysconfig on Python 3.10
Hi

I’d like to raise awareness to the two b.p.o. entries I recently created and their corresponding PRs:
sysconfig's posix_user scheme has different platlib value to distutils's unix_user
https://bugs.python.org/issue44860

sysconfig's posix_home scheme has different platlib value to distutils's unix_home
https://bugs.python.org/issue45035
Since Python 3.10 switches from distutils to sysconfig as the canonical location to discover/install packages, I’d very much want these two to be included in 3.10.0 (and backported to 3.9 for consistency). Otherwise Python distributions that sets sys.platlibdir to a non-default value (e.g. Red Hat distributions sets it to lib64) will not be able to correctly run pip 21.3 (due October) on Python 3.10.
TP
--
Tzu-ping Chung (@uranusjr)
uranusjr@gmail.com