L&T Technology Services Ltd

www.LTTS.com

L&T Technology Services Limited (LTTS) is committed to safeguard your data privacy. For more information to view our commitment towards data privacy under GDPR, please visit the privacy policy on our website www.Ltts.com. This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.
Re: API's to interface python with Eclipse to execute and debug C/C++ Source files. [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 04:27:19AM +0000, Chandrakant Shrimantrao wrote:
> Hi,
> We would like to know if there is any option available to execute and debug(
> setting break point and delete break point) C/C++ Source files Python API's
> inside Eclipse IDE after interfacing Pydev with Eclipse.

This is a good question for PyDev Eclipse Plugin. As far as I know, tI
have not seen breakpoints for C/C++ with Pydev Eclipse, but I am not
regular use of PyDev.

For debugging Python's C Source files, I found Visual Studio Code's
support for Makefile, C and Python to be useful.

Thanks,
Senthil
Re: API's to interface python with Eclipse to execute and debug C/C++ Source files. [ In reply to ]
Em qui., 19 de ago. de 2021 às 01:57, Chandrakant Shrimantrao <
Chandrakant.Shrimantrao@ltts.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
> We would like to know if there is any option available to execute and
> debug( setting break point and delete break point) C/C++ Source files
> Python API's inside Eclipse IDE after interfacing Pydev with Eclipse.
> Please let us know.
>
> Thanks and regards.
> Chandrakant shrimantrao.

Hello Chandrakant,

The usual way I go about this is that one of the debuggers should be in
remote mode, so, either you start it with PyDev and then attach the C/C++
debugger to it afterwards or you start it with the C/C++ debugger and then
attach the PyDev debugger afterwards.

Attaching to the PyDev debugger is mostly a matter of calling
`pydevd.settrace()` appropriately (making sure you have the remote debugger
on the client listening).
See: https://www.pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html for details.

Unfortunately I haven't really used Eclipse CDT much to know how it works
on the C/C++ side, but if you can't find out searching for it, presumably
someone from CDT can help you around:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=80

Best regards,

Fabio