sentinel values. You can find the PEP here:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0661/

The discussion is happening in the discourse server:

https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-661-sentinel-values/9126

To avoid splitting the discussion, *please redirect your comments there*
instead of replying to this thread.

Have a nice week,
- Tal Einat
Re: PEP 661: Sentinel Values [ In reply to ]
As someone who's had to make use of the pattern `_sentinel = object()` a
few times within stdlib code, I'd like to give a strong +1 for the proposal
to add a new `sentinel()` function. This is much more intuitive, easier to
look up, etc. From my experience, it's a common enough pattern to be well
worth the addition.

Thanks for the proposal, Tal. :)