Mailing List Archive

IMPORTANT: Python 3.10b2 release blockers
Hi,

Tomorrow is the scheduled release of Python 3.10 beta 2 but unfortunately
we have several release blockers:

https://bugs.python.org/issue41282: Deprecate and remove distutils
https://bugs.python.org/issue40222: "Zero cost" exception handling
https://bugs.python.org/issue42972: [C API] Heap types (PyType_FromSpec)
must fully implement the GC protocol
https://bugs.python.org/issue44043: 3.10 b1 armhf Bus Error in hashlib
test: test_gil

We also have the address sanitizer buildbot failing :

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/582/builds/165/steps/5/logs/stdio

and some segmentation faults on the fedora stable buildbot:

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/543/builds/190

Some of these issues have PRs but some of them have not. Please, if you are
involved or you maintain one of the
areas involved in these issues, take a look at them and act with one of the
following:

* Fix the issue making a PR
* Review an existing PR and / or merge it
* If you intend to mark it as a deferred blocker, please provide a
rationale and contact me first by pinging me in the issue.

Until these issues are fixed or deferred, the release team will not be able
to make a new beta release.

Thanks for your help,

Regards from stormy London,
Pablo Galindo Salgado
Re: IMPORTANT: Python 3.10b2 release blockers [ In reply to ]
Small correction:

https://bugs.python.org/issue40222: "Zero cost" exception handling

and the segfaults on these buildbots:

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/582/builds/165/steps/5/logs/stdio
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/543/builds/190

are 3-11 (main branch) only, but they are also quite important to get fixed
as soon as possible,
so the buildbot failures don't pile up.

On the other hand, seems that there is a nasty race condition on
test_asyncio and many of the refleak
builders for 3.10 hang, rendering them not usefull:

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/693/builds/21
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/677/builds/22
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/669/builds/22

You can access the release dashboard for the buildbots here:

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/release_status

Re: IMPORTANT: Python 3.10b2 release blockers [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Friendly reminder that the Python3.10 beta 2 is still blocked on: