Mailing List Archive

[Release manager team communication] 3.10 feature freeze is 2 weeks away
Hi everyone,

This is a friendly reminder from the release manager team that Python 3.10
feature freeze is two weeks away (Monday, 3 May 2021).

Please, be aware of the following:

* No new features or improvements should be merged after feature freeze.
From the devguide (https://devguide.python.org/devcycle/#beta) :
> After a first beta release is published, no new features are accepted.
Only bug fixes can now be committed. This is when core developers should
> concentrate on the task of fixing regressions and other new issues filed
by users who have downloaded the alpha and beta release

* If your change involves some platform-specific behaviour or has a
non-trivial amount of C code, make sure you run the buildbots
in your Pull Request by using the "test-with-buildbots" label (
https://discuss.python.org/t/now-you-can-test-a-pr-with-the-buildbots-before-merging/2966
).
Alternatively you could check the buildbots post-merge in the buildbot
server:
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders?tags=%2B3.x&tags=%2Bstable
This is very important because if problems are detected at the time of the
release, the release management team may have to revert
the changes and therefore those will not be included in Python 3.10.

* The master branch will be renamed to main (check our previous
communication about how this will be done and how you should
proceed:
https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/thread/QWW7KGBW5UH2N5FOZOFXQBQPYELWQM3O/
)

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me as soon as
possible.

Regards from sunny London,
Pablo Galindo Salgado
[Release manager team communication] 3.10 feature freeze is 2 weeks away [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

From the devguide (https://devguide.python.org/devcycle/#beta) :