Mailing List Archive

8 bits
(This one sent with RMAIL, hoping it won't disappear...)

The last message I sent :

1- didn't contain ANY MIME-like header lines
2- only 7 bits chars.

> Pete Peterson <rep@genrad.com>

Frederic, is this the message you re-sent "without 8-bit chars" ? I
think you should try to re-send that message to yourself and then check
it out in the mail spool (and not via a clever mail reader), so you can
see what it looks like before nicoh.com gets its hands on it. Then
we'll at least know what kind of messages are being munged. For
example, are you sure it isn't SxMail which inserts `quoted-printable'?

I'm sure SxMail isn't inserting that quoted printable thing. Usual
SxMail headers look like :

As you can see, it 'should' arrive at ricoh that way. I just checked
that our mailer is (which is a basic sendmail 8.6.11) doesn't munge
our header. Only thing I can think of is that either I forgot some
8bits in the previous mail. I'll resend it a third time, with a direct
copy to both Kenneth and Hallvard so they can check in case it fails
again...

Sorry for the hassle...

Frederic Chauveau Institut Pasteur
fmc@pasteur.fr
Communication fails, except by accident.
Osmo A. Wiio