Mailing List Archive

Re: curses-a8 problem on solaris 2.4
: One peculiar thing - when I do the perl, I get the warning:
:
: $ perl Makefile.PL
:
: Did you edit Makefile.PL first (to choose includes and libs)?
:
: 'distclean' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.

This is because Curses-a8 came out when perl5.001 came out, and
MakeMaker has changed quite a bit between 5.001 and 5.001m. I'm
pretty sure it's harmless.

As to the other: Try getting rid of the -ltermcap line in the $libs,
for one. It looks like libcurses.a, libtermcap.a, and libtermlib.a
are all the same thing. I'm not sure what happens when you try to
link in the same library twice under Solaris, but it can't hurt to try
this. If that doesn't work, please send me a copy of the output from
"myconfig" (in the perl5 distribution), the output from the Curses
make process, and the error message again (so I'll have it all in one
place). I only recently have gotten access to a Solaris 2.4 box, so
I'll try to compile Curses on it when I have some free time.

William