Mailing List Archive

perl bugs database online via WWW
See

http://mox.perl.com/perl/bugs/

--tom

Tom Christiansen Perl Consultant, Gamer, Hiker tchrist@mox.perl.com

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
--Oscar Wilde
Re: perl bugs database online via WWW [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 03 Sep 1995 15:10:44 MDT, Tom Christiansen wrote:
>See
>
> http://mox.perl.com/perl/bugs/
>
>--tom
>
>Tom Christiansen Perl Consultant, Gamer, Hiker tchrist@mox.perl.com

Good work!

Here are some comments on the bugs under the "unresolved" link...

These are already fixed in perl5.001m, I believe:

NETaa13753 N 2 trey P-magic doesn't interpolate right
NETaa14466 N 2 adriaan ref propagation bug maybe?
NETaa14273 N 3 keithh Problems undef'ing parts of multi-dimensional hashes
NETaa14414 N 3 allen something to try with purify
NETaa14452 N 3 alward map leaves $_ wrong

These are fixed by my consolidated patchset:

NETaa14015 N 2 danq append to dbm entry fails
NETaa14438 N 2 ilya tkperl -d bug
NETaa14347 N 2 hansm non-greedy match can't find more than 32767 characters
NETaa14440 N 2 robt s/// doesn't de-globbify fake glob
NETaa13914 N 3 rmcmanus tie'd arrays can't append?
NETaa14161 N 3 Carrigan defined not well defined on tied hashes
NETaa14420 N 3 aheading Array of type globs bug

(NETaa14015 and NETaa13914 are the same bug, by the way).

I seem to have fixed these in my perl sources (separate messages with
the patches will follow this one):

NETaa14421 N 2 aheading $_ doesn't undef
NETaa14561 N 1 k $@ vs DESTROY

The following entries seem to have been improperly HTML-ized. They
don't show up properly, or have corrupted, multiple messages (not an
exhaustive list):

NETaa14535 N 1 gsar patches from Gurusamy Sarathy
NETaa14562 N 2 kamath split oddity with variable pattern
NETaa14071 N 3 lingnau split /^$/ busted
NETaa14273 N 3 keithh Problems undef'ing parts of multi-dimensional hashes
NETaa14297 N 3 Bunce \(@foo, $bar) broken

I can't seem to find a bug/problem in this (who says Larry uses the bug
list to store only bugs ? :-):

NETaa13496 N 4 awilcox uneval: saving data structures the easy way

- Sarathy.
gsar@engin.umich.edu
Re: perl bugs database online via WWW [ In reply to ]
: I can't seem to find a bug/problem in this (who says Larry uses the bug
: list to store only bugs ? :-):
:
: NETaa13496 N 4 awilcox uneval: saving data structures the easy way

I treat Sev 4's as enhancement requests, and Sev 5's as ongoing
enhancement categories that are never closed.

Larry
Re: perl bugs database online via WWW [ In reply to ]
> > http://mox.perl.com/perl/bugs/

> The following entries seem to have been improperly HTML-ized. They
> don't show up properly, or have corrupted, multiple messages (not an
> exhaustive list):

> NETaa14535 N 1 gsar patches from Gurusamy Sarathy
> NETaa14562 N 2 kamath split oddity with variable pattern
> NETaa14071 N 3 lingnau split /^$/ busted
> NETaa14273 N 3 keithh Problems undef'ing parts of multi-dimensional hashes
> NETaa14297 N 3 Bunce \(@foo, $bar) broken

fixed.

--tom