Mailing List Archive

PPC status checks
Porters,

I thought I'd post a quick update (not much updated, though) about the open PPCs, to solicit any updates from people who may be hard at work but haven't updated.

PPC 7, source encoding: Karl sent this to my plate a few weeks ago to write tests. I said I would do so.

enhanced /xx on regex: no news?

PPC 14, english name aliases: no updates since Oct '22

PPC 21, optional chaining: no updates since Dec '22

PPC 15, removal of old package separator; no updates lately, but v5.38 has the warning.

PPC 19, qt strings, no updates since Sep '22.

PPC 6, new module loading function, no updates since Dec '22.

PPC 13, new overloads, no updates since Dec '22.

PPCs 18 and 20, lexical exporting and "module true" are both in v5.38, pending release!

As for drafts, we also have a draft for multi-arg grep and map, which got a lot of discussion at the PTS in Lyon. I *think* this is with Graham for rewriting? (Graham, check me here?) PPC 22, metaprogramming API has had no updates since December.

--
rjbs