I wrote a blog on the changes for enabling ASCII support on z/OS for those that might be interested:

https://makingdeveloperslivesbetter.wordpress.com/2022/01/18/enabling-open-source-for-z-os-perl/

Thanks, mike
Re: Article on enabling Perl for z/OS [ In reply to ]
2022-1-26 6:18 Mike Fulton <mikefultonpersonal@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I wrote a blog on the changes for enabling ASCII support on z/OS for those
> that might be interested:
>

> https://makingdeveloperslivesbetter.wordpress.com/2022/01/18/enabling-open-source-for-z-os-perl/
>
> Thanks, mike

Mike

Thank you for writing this article.

I shared this article on my Twitter now.
Re: Article on enabling Perl for z/OS [ In reply to ]
* Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> [2022-01-26 10:56:53 +0900]:

> 2022-1-26 6:18 Mike Fulton <mikefultonpersonal@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I wrote a blog on the changes for enabling ASCII support on z/OS for those
> > that might be interested:
> >

> > https://makingdeveloperslivesbetter.wordpress.com/2022/01/18/enabling-open-source-for-z-os-perl/
> >
> > Thanks, mike
> >

> Mike
>
> Thank you for writing this article.
>
> I shared this article on my Twitter now.

Yes, appreciated to pointer to the article. Also, I did not
know that:

"zsh itself uses other Open Source software packages, including Perl"

This has implications for MacOS I imagine. Similarly, FreeBSD's
switch to git means that perl comes in also as a dependency for
most there (so does python, but that's besides the point).

Cheers,
Brett

oodler@cpan.org
oodler577@sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdfeu.org
irc.perl.org #openmp #pdl #native
Re: Article on enabling Perl for z/OS [ In reply to ]
Hi

Yep - and it's used to test GNU make, which is pretty much down at the
heart of many pieces of software.