Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: OpenSSL alternative support WAS Re: Pre-RFC: support httpsout-of-the-box [ In reply to ]
On 10/12/21 19:09, Andrew Hewus Fresh wrote:

> OpenBSD has ftp(1)[1] that grew https GET support as well as shipping
> (obviously?) with LibreSSL and its nc(1) with -c (TLS)[2] support. As I
> said in another post, I have a hack that uses that for https in
> HTTP::Tiny as a "socket" interface so supports any method.

That same approach can also be used with "openssl s_client" that I think
is available in the base distribution of at least NetBSD, FreeBSD and
OpenBSD.
Re: OpenSSL alternative support WAS Re: Pre-RFC: support https out-of-the-box [ In reply to ]
> Windows ships with curl.exe since Windows 10 1803.

Are you sure that you do not confuse "curl" PowerShell cmdlet alias with
the actual binary?

(it has the "wget" alias as well, if that matters)

:-)

Re: OpenSSL alternative support WAS Re: Pre-RFC: support https out-of-the-box [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 16:11:19 +0400
Elvin Aslanov <rwp.primary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that you do not confuse "curl" PowerShell cmdlet alias with
> the actual binary?
>
> (it has the "wget" alias as well, if that matters)
>
> :-)

No, I'm not confusing anything. Also, that alias was removed in
PowerShell 6. Probably because it was conflicting with the said binary.

1 2  View All