Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.35.6 is now available
"I have to say you were very clever. The chocolate tasted subtly wrong.
He is in the dress, isn't he? His mind. You used the fabber to put it
there. They had just finished the original: you melted it and made a
copy."
-- Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief

We are gladsome to announce version 5.35.6,
the 7th development release of version 5.35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.6 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/HYDAHY/perl-5.35.6/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

bc80fed3637e3dfdbb35fe6bb44ebbbbc1cdc85b perl-5.35.6.tar.gz
edcfe1c14ccf1dcff130613ff13d7030129dca8d perl-5.35.6.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/HYDAHY/perl-5.35.6/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.6 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.35.5 and contains approximately 16,000 lines of changes across 320 files
from 10 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 13,000 lines of changes to 240 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.35.6:

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, Leon Timmermans,
Pete Houston, Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Robert Rothenberg, Sergey
Poznyakoff, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.35.7 on December 20th, 2021.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2022.

Be excellent to each other!
Richard
Re: Perl 5.35.6 is now available [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 13:17:35 +0000, Richard Leach <perl5356release@gmail.com> wrote:

> "I have to say you were very clever. The chocolate tasted subtly wrong.
> He is in the dress, isn't he? His mind. You used the fabber to put it
> there. They had just finished the original: you melted it and made a
> copy."
> -- Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
>
> We are gladsome to announce version 5.35.6,
> the 7th development release of version 5.35 of Perl 5.

Built on dromedary yesterday without problems. Both threaded and unthreaded now available.
Thanks for your effort.

--
H.Merijn Brand https://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.33 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux
Re: Perl 5.35.6 is now available [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 22, 2021, at 8:17 AM, Richard Leach wrote:
> We are gladsome to announce version 5.35.6,
> the 7th development release of version 5.35 of Perl 5.

Thanks, Richard! I look forward to building this for my day-to-day work on my laptop. We appreciate your efforts on behalf of the team! ???????????

--
rjbs