Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.35.5 is now available
Again, she sent the light beam along the mounded melange. Her attention
was drawn to a strip of the wall above the spice. More words! Still in
Chakobsa, written with a cutter in a fine flowing script, there was another
message:
"A REVERENT MOTHER WILL READ MY WORDS"
Something cold settled in Odrade's guts. She moved to her right with the
light, plowing through an empire's ransom in melange. There was more to the
message.
"I BEQUEATH TO YOU MY FEAR AND LONELINESS. TO YOU I GIVE THE CERTAINTY
THAT THE BODY AND SOUL OF THE BENE GESSERIT WILL MEET THE SAME FATE AS ALL
OTHER BODIES AND ALL OTHER SOULS".
Another paragraph of the message beckoned to the right of this one. She
plowed through the cloying melange and stopped to read.
"WHAT IS SURVIVAL IF YOU DO NOT SURVIVE AS A WHOLE? ASK THE BENE TLEILAX
THAT! WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE? MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH
UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!"
-- Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

We are delighted to announce version 5.35.5,
the 6th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.5 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/LEONT/perl-5.35.5/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

93a08a2bee58a119fb2d9a67985a2e535f54ada0 perl-5.35.5.tar.gz
a57f0eef04d738730a3fdcee92dddd4eec42f87c perl-5.35.5.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/LEONT/perl-5.35.5/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.5 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.35.4 and contains approximately 32,000 lines of changes across 380 files
from 22 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 17,000 lines of changes to 260 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.35.5:

Andrew Fresh, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Book,
Dan Kogai, David Mitchell, E. Choroba, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan,
Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Matthew Horsfall, Nicholas Clark, Olaf
Alders, Paul Evans, Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Sergey Poznyakoff, Steve
Hay, TAKAI Kousuke, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.35.6 on November 21th, 2021.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2022.

Cheers,
Leon
Re: Perl 5.35.5 is now available [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021, at 3:42 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> "…"
> -- Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

I never made it past the first chapter or two of the third book…

> We are delighted to announce version 5.35.5,
> the 6th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

Thanks very much Leon, I was excited to upgrade yesterday! I appreciate your getting this shipped!

--
rjbs
Re: Perl 5.35.5 is now available [ In reply to ]
Great, for LIST syntax comes with this release.

Thanks for your efforts.

21 okt 2021, C.a. 23:43 tarixind? Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> yazd?: