Mailing List Archive

PSC #035 - 2021-08-27
Porters,

The past few weeks, Neil and Paul reminded me that I never sent the August 27th minutes. This was weird, because I know I wrote a draft email and I maybe just never hit send. But where is it now? Who can say. Possibly in a gist I foolishly deleted. Well, at any rate, I still have my notes.

We talked about the docs team. We were looking forward to the results of the docs audit and wondering how we get more work on the docs underway.

We talked about new strictures, which things in "feature" more properly belong in strictures, and what might come out of "the quirks doc" into language change. (This led to my recent post about deleting array elements.)

We talked about the question of postfix_qq, which led to my post about getting some progress on that front.

We talked about how "use v5.36"'s propose ascii-only might work. I said I'd post some more about the future of ASCII or UTF-8 source, but haven't yet.

We talked about Module::Runtime (and related modules), and later I posted about what a std::load might look like.

We talked about taint, and Neil subsequently followed up with some folks about profiling it.

--
rjbs