Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.35.4 is now available
Some say I have no direction
That I'm a light-speed distraction
That's a knee-jerk reaction

Still, this is the final frontier
Everything is so clear
To my destiny I steer

This life in the stars is all I've ever known
Stars and stardust in infinite space is my only home

But the moment that I hit the stage
Thousands of voices are calling my name
And I know in my heart it's been worth it all of the while

And as my albums fly off of the shelves
Handing out autographed pics of myself
This life I chose isn't easy but sure is one heck of a ride

At the moment that I hit the stage
I hear the universe calling my name
And I know deep down in my heart I have nothing to fear

And as the solar wind blows through my hair,
Knowing I have so much more left to share
A wandering spirit who's tearing its way through the cold atmosphere

I'll fly like a comet
Soar like a comet
Crash like a comet
I'm just a comet

-- Tom Scharpling, "Comet", from Steven Universe

We are pleased to announce version 35.4,
the 5th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.4 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/wolfsage/perl-5.35.4/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

0d461836024c22f9d4af90611b2f0e18f7b20365 perl-5.35.4.tar.gz
fc5fda44016a037f127eaad13f2278047272c31d perl-5.35.4.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/wolfsage/perl-5.35.4/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.4 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.35.3 and contains approximately 64,000 lines of changes across 540 files
from 19 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 49,000 lines of changes to 310 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.35.4:

Aristotle Pagaltzis, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan
Book, David Mitchell, Felipe Gasper, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan,
Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Matthew Horsfall, Nicholas Clark, Paul
Evans, Richard Leach, TAKAI Kousuke, Todd Rinaldo, Tomasz Konojacki,
Tomoyuki Sadahiro, Tony Cook, Unicode Consortium.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 35.5 on October 20th, 2021.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of 2022.

Cheers,

-- Matthew Horsfall (alh)
Re: Perl 5.35.4 is now available [ In reply to ]
Matthew

Thank you very much!
Re: Perl 5.35.4 is now available [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 20, 2021, at 3:51 PM, Matthew Horsfall (alh) wrote:
> We are pleased to announce version 35.4,
> the 5th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

\o/ Thanks, Matthew!

dinah:~$ perl -CAS -E 'say "\N{MELTING FACE}"'
????

This email won't look great now, but when we get new operating systems or fonts in the not too distant futures…

--
rjbs