Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.35.3 is now available
"The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves." - Logan
Pearsall Smith

We are over the moon to announce version 35.3,
the 4th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.3 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/ETHER/perl-5.35.3/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

bee09920c939101db3122b7440c8a5a3210cd555 perl-5.35.3.tar.gz
cb99bded08a2540d9a1438bd4872e00e51af1229 perl-5.35.3.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/ETHER/perl-5.35.3/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.3 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.35.2 and contains approximately 16,000 lines of changes across 220 files
from 25 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 9,200 lines of changes to 140 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.35.3:

Aristotle Pagaltzis, Asher Mancinelli, Ben Cornett, Biswapriyo Nath, Chris
'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Book, Dan Jacobson, David
Golden, David Mitchell, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, Karen Etheridge,
Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Max Maischein, Neil Bowers, Nicholas
Clark, Petar-Kaleychev, Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Slaven Rezic, TAKAI
Kousuke, Thibault Duponchelle, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 35.4 on 2021-09-20.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2022.

Use it together, use it in peace.
-ether
Re: Perl 5.35.3 is now available [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 20, 2021, at 11:21 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> "The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves." - Logan Pearsall Smith
>
> We are over the moon to announce version 35.3, the 4th development release of version 35 of Perl 5.
> […]
> Use it together, use it in peace.

(…wait, is the moon we're over actually Europa?)

Thanks, Karen! I have upgraded my day-to-day hacking perl today and begun installing all my usual stuff. Your time in the perldelta mines, and everything else involved, is appreciated!

--
rjbs