Mailing List Archive

RFC: sprintf format size modifier for 32 bits
U32 and I32 are considered harmful, but we have a lot of them that
actually need to stay that way, as for example, flags parameters.

When formatting these, warnings are often generated when things don't
jive. The traditional method for fixing these is casting to an int and
using %d or %u. But it seems less obtrusive if we had a format modifier
that explicitly was for 32bit operands. Like we have 'h' for short,
'hh' for char, 't' for ptrdiff_t, and 'z' for size_t.

If you agree, what should it's name be?