Mailing List Archive

as the maintainer of PPI i gotta ask, who are the ppi folks you talked to who aren't me?
as far as i know i am the ppi folks, and nobody talked to me

so i find it surprising to see on this page:

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/wiki/Perceived-Positions-on-Perl-7

that my position is:

> use v5 is implied for 7.0.0 in ~45 days
> require both v5/v7 for perl 7.2.0 June 2021
> There's never confusion parsing code what protocol you're looking at.

wherein i agree with myself on #1 and disagree with myself on #2, violently, vehemently, and irreconcilably

if there was a documented place to send position updates to, i would have sent it there, but as is, i'll just send it here and go with thoughts and prayers

--
With regards,
Christian Walde