Hi,
I'm building perl 5.001m for SCO UNIX 3.2.2. I notice that Configure
defaults to 'n' for using shared libraries for things like dbm, POSIX, etc.

I know that SCO UNIX supports (nonstandard?) shared libraries. Is there
anything I can tell Configure to get perl to use them?
--
cgf@bbc.com "Strange how unreal
Boston Business Computing the real can be."
Re: Shared libraries on SCO? [ In reply to ]
Excerpts from the mail message of Chris Faylor:
)
) I know that SCO UNIX supports (nonstandard?) shared libraries. Is there
) anything I can tell Configure to get perl to use them?

Configure is saying "no" to using _dynamic loading_ of shared
libraries on SCO. SCO 5 says it supports some type of dynamic
prior versions of SCO support shared libraries, none support
dynamic loading.

At least that is what the voices in my head tell me.
--
Tye McQueen tye@metronet.com || tye@doober.usu.edu
Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something