Mailing List Archive

Re: Confiteor
> > I think Carp::confess() should include each stack frames arguments in its
> > little litany, just like the debugger does. Hadn't someone (Ilya?)
> > abstracted this into a oughta-be-standard module?
> >
> It would also be nice to factor out the stack dump code in sigtrap.
>
> I think the only requirement there is that the stack dump code should
> return a string and not write the output itself (since sigtrap wants
> to use syswrite).
>
> > --tom
> >
> Tim.

Aaaaahhh!! Tim, don't you read your own module list?

::DumpStack Rupf Dumping of the current function stack JACKS

Abstraction of sigtrap dump stack functionality, including
returning stack as string.
Re: Confiteor [ In reply to ]
> From: Jack Shirazi - BIU <js@biu.icnet.uk>
>
> > > I think Carp::confess() should include each stack frames arguments in its
> > > little litany, just like the debugger does. Hadn't someone (Ilya?)
> > > abstracted this into a oughta-be-standard module?
> > >
> > It would also be nice to factor out the stack dump code in sigtrap.
> >
> > I think the only requirement there is that the stack dump code should
> > return a string and not write the output itself (since sigtrap wants
> > to use syswrite).
> >
> > > --tom
> > >
> > Tim.
>
> Aaaaahhh!! Tim, don't you read your own module list?

Touche.

:-)

> ::DumpStack Rupf Dumping of the current function stack JACKS
>
> Abstraction of sigtrap dump stack functionality, including
> returning stack as string.

So DumpStack needs to get added to the distribution and required by
Carp and sigtrap.

Anyone fancy putting the patch together?

Tim.