Mailing List Archive

merging perlobj and perlbot
What do you guys think about putting all the OO stuff back together
in one man page again for the next release? Dean?

--tom
Re: merging perlobj and perlbot [ In reply to ]
>What do you guys think about putting all the OO stuff back together
>in one man page again for the next release? Dean?
>
>--tom

To centralize the OO stuff is fine, but the two documents are very
different. The material in perlobj is basically defined by the language and
is set in stone. The BOT is a live document, taking shape and reshaping as
the Perl5 community figures out how to use the language. We also lack the
documentation which fills the gap between perlobj and perlbot. If we put
those documents together it'll be like neglecting to add a seek(2) between
the transition from a read(2) to a write(2). Someone's going to get
hopelessly lost :)

Dean