Thanks for the kind instructions.

Denis
from I-soft.
Application process for a company to join OpenStack community [ In reply to ]
Dear sir/madam,
We are a infrastructure software company, dedicating to provide products and solutions based on cloud computing and virtualization technologies. Could any community manager tell us how to join openstack community as a company entity? Any form, material to prepare and submit for a qualified application?

Re: Application process for a company to join OpenStack community [ In reply to ]
There are 5 things to look at (all of them are optional and please apply to
your applicable case):
#1. Placing your company logo on www.openstack.org (if applicable):
a. You need you sign *"OpenStack Logo Release"* and email the scan copy or
fax to OpenStack community manager (see attached)
b. Submit your logo in jpg or png (there is no specific dimension/size for
your logo to submit. You can simply submit/email your
company logo to openstack community manager - see below) and we will handle
and put on theopenstack.org website (
http://www.openstack.org/community/companies/)

#2. For corporate (if applicable):
a. If you will have developers submitting code they will also need to sign
the "Corporate Contributor Licensing Agreement"
https://rackspace.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=ABCQ3N3R6Z2R
b. Also you need to have your developers each to sign the below "Individual
CLA" (see #3)
c. For official info check:
http://wiki.openstack.org/CLA

#3. For individual developer subitting code (if applicable to you as person
who involve in OpenStack development as individual or from company):
a. Each developer should sign an Individual CLA.
https://rackspace.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=ABCZR72YX57B
b. For offiical info check:
http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute

#4. Provide your Company website (URL) and Company Profile (URL or PDF)

#5. Pick and join your Local OpenStack User Group (not a requirement but
recommended!)
List of User Group (find from the following link):
http://www.openstack.org/community/
Please help to translate in case you think useful (and place your name who
contribute pls...!)
Hope it helps!
cheers,

Ben

Re: Application process for a company to join OpenStack community [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

and thanks Ben for helping.

On 05/16/2012 01:00 AM, Yujie Du wrote:
> There are 5 things to look at (all of them are optional and please apply
> to your applicable case):
> #1. Placing your company logo on www.openstack.org
> <http://www.openstack.org/> (if applicable):

we have a new process in place for this step now. It's described in the
new version of the Welcome Guide

http://openstack.org/assets/welcome-guide/openstack-welcome-guide.pdf

we now have a form to fill

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGJnUHg1YW1mblFUY3dmZDA1dmJzRXc6MQ#gid=1

and the Name and Logo Authorization Form needs to be compiled on
Echosign instead of faxing it to us (the link to echosign is on the form
above). It's leaner and simpler to handle for everybody.

> #2. For corporate (if applicable):
> a. If you will have developers submitting code they will also need to
> sign the "Corporate Contributor Licensing Agreement"

I always point people to this page as it has all the latest information
and updated links:

http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute

For people and companies that want to contribute code, the instructions
start here:

http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute#If_you.27re_a_developer.2C_start_here:

[...]
> #5. Pick and join your Local OpenStack User Group (not a requirement but
> recommended!)
> List of User Group (find from the following link):

I believe that the full list is this page on the wiki, although I'm
quite sure that some other group exists that is not listed there:

http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackUserGroups

We're discussing how to improve the experience for people looking for a
local user group. If you're interested, join the discussion on

https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack-community/msg00081.html

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Stef