Mailing List Archive

OpenStack Conference - Call for Speakers
On behalf of the OpenStack Conference Program Committee, I am pleased to
initiate the Call for Speakers for the Fall 2011 OpenStack Conference in
Boston, MA from October 5-7. This gathering of OpenStack developers, users,
eco-system partners, open source enthusiasts, and cloud computing
technologists presents speakers with the opportunity to actively participate
in the shaping of the future of the OpenStack project. I look forward to
joining with the community in Boston for an amazing 3 days of OpenStack
goodness.

PROCESS
The Program Committee has listed a series of suggested topics for the
overall agenda of the conference. Please review these topics and submit your
talk under the various topic(s). Of course, if you have an idea for a topic
not listed, please send your information as the Program Committee is always
open to new ideas.

To submit your request to be a speaker please send an email to
stephen.spector at openstack.org with the Subject Line: OPENSTACK CONFERENCE
SPEAKER SUBMISSION. In the email be sure to include your contact information
as well as the topic you are interested in speaking on. Should you submit a
new topic, please provide details on that topic.

TOPICS
The topics suggested by the Program Committee fit under two umbrella
categories: technical or business. Each session is currently planned for 30
minutes.

Technical
Project Overview ? NOVA
Project Overview - SWIFT
Project Overview ? GLANCE
Community Developer Tools
OpenStack in the Data Center
OpenStack Deployments
DevOps
Project Introductions ? Information on the various eco-system projects not
yet core in OpenStack

Business
Economics of OpenStack
OpenStack Case Study
Project Overview ? NOVA
Project Overview - SWIFT
Project Overview ? GLANCE
Building an OpenStack Practice (Solution Providers)
OpenStack Case Study
Public Cloud Hosting Best Practices
Private Clouds Hosting Best Practices

The Program Committee anxiously awaits your speaker submission as we
assemble the final OpenStack Conference Agenda. The deadline to submit your
request is September 6, 2011 so that we can release the final agenda on
September 14, 2011. All speakers selected will receive a complementary pass
to the event via a special registration code. If you have any further
questions, please contact me.

- - -
Stephen Spector, Rackspace
OpenStack Community Manager
stephen.spector at openstack.org
OpenStack Blog <http://openstack.org/blog> | @opnstk_
<http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr> com <http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr>
_mgr <http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr>
Office +1 (512) 539-1162 | Mobile +1 (210) 415-0930