Mailing List Archive

Re: [Openstack] Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation
As I recall localrc had a setting in the past for picking releases to
install.

Not sure what the status of that is.

Re: [Openstack] Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation [ In reply to ]
Hi-

I'm currently testing the capabilities of Openstack. Not going for any
production deployment.

So want to go with the folsom-3 milestone release.

In the ReadMe file, for example, Nova-2012.2, no Installation information
is given.

The same file can be found here... https://github.com/openstack/nova

I'm unable to install Folsom-3 Mile stone of the
Openstack..................... Finally.

Any Guidance would help me a lot...

--
Trinath

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Matt Joyce <matt.joyce@cloudscaling.com>wrote:

> As I recall localrc had a setting in the past for picking releases to
> install.
>
> Not sure what the status of that is.
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Atul Jha <Atul.Jha@csscorp.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Trinath,
>>
>> <snip>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Trinath Somanchi <
>> trinath.somanchi@gmail.com<mailto:trinath.somanchi@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi All-
>>
>> I'm installing Openstack Components of Folsom-3 milestone from the Tar
>> files available from launchpad.
>>
>> Can any one guide me on the installation of the these components like the
>> Essex component installation and configuration.
>>
>> I'm upto this level of Installation.
>>
>> For instance, Keystone component,
>>
>> I have untar the file and executed the following commands.
>>
>> Keystone $> python setup.py build
>> Keystone $> python setup.py install.
>>
>> Will these two steps install the respective component and all its
>> necessary components.
>>
>> With this type of Install can I use the Openstack components as I use
>> them in the 'apt-get' based Essex installation.
>>
>> Kindly guide me on this...
>> </snip>
>>
>> You are trying to install Folsom from the development version and that is
>> why you are doing source code based installation. I am sure it comes with a
>> README file which explains details about the source file.
>>
>> Now when you are talking about apt-get best install, it means you are
>> trying to download the package which is bundled by one of the Linux
>> distribution providers repository. Now here is the thing, since Folsom is
>> still in development phase thats why the package based installation is
>> still in process of baking/bake, so folks from Ubuntu are best to answer
>> your question when it will be available.
>>
>> Lastly source based install is not suggested for Production Environment.
>>
>> I will hope this solves all your confusion and questions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Atul Jha
>> http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130
Re: [Openstack] Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation [ In reply to ]
Trinath,

<snip>
Hi -

Rather than using this installation for every different package can I use devstack's stack.sh script to install the Openstack latest milestone release?

Can any one comment on this.
</snip>

Yes you can.