Mailing List Archive

Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation
Hi All-

I'm installing Openstack Components of Folsom-3 milestone from the Tar
files available from launchpad.

Can any one guide me on the installation of the these components like the
Essex component installation and configuration.

I'm upto this level of Installation.

For instance, Keystone component,

I have untar the file and executed the following commands.

*Keystone $>* python setup.py build
*Keystone $>* python setup.py install.

Will these two steps install the respective component and all its necessary
components.

With this type of Install can I use the Openstack components as I use them
in the 'apt-get' based Essex installation.

Kindly guide me on this...

Thanking you all.

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130
Re: Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation [ In reply to ]
Hi-

Any inputs for understanding and resolving the issue...

Kindly help me in this regard.

--
Trinath

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Trinath Somanchi <
trinath.somanchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I'm installing Openstack Components of Folsom-3 milestone from the Tar
> files available from launchpad.
>
> Can any one guide me on the installation of the these components like the
> Essex component installation and configuration.
>
> I'm upto this level of Installation.
>
> For instance, Keystone component,
>
> I have untar the file and executed the following commands.
>
> *Keystone $>* python setup.py build
> *Keystone $>* python setup.py install.
>
> Will these two steps install the respective component and all its
> necessary components.
>
> With this type of Install can I use the Openstack components as I use them
> in the 'apt-get' based Essex installation.
>
> Kindly guide me on this...
>
> Thanking you all.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Trinath Somanchi,
> +91 9866 235 130

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130
Re: Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation [ In reply to ]
inline

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Trinath Somanchi <

Re: Openstack Folsom - 3 Installation [ In reply to ]
Hi -

Rather than using this installation for every different package can I use
devstack's stack.sh script to install the Openstack latest milestone
release?

Can any one comment on this.

Thanking you,

-