only the networks in 'requested_networks' are used to
create vNICs, and the vNIC order is determiend by the
order in the requested_networks array.*

Can any one help me understand on how the second case will come in
determining the vNICs of VM while creating VM from Horizon.

Thanking you...

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130
Re: os-create-server-ext and use [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Trinath Somanchi <trinath.somanchi@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> While going through the source code of Openstack Nova,
>
> I have seen this comment,
>
> We support two approaches to determining vNICs:
> - By default, a VM gets a vNIC for any network belonging
> to the VM's project, and a vNIC for any "global" network
> that has a NULL project_id. vNIC order is determined
> by the network's 'priority' field.
> - *If the 'os-create-server-ext' was used to create the
> VM,
> only the networks in 'requested_networks' are used to
> create vNICs, and the vNIC order is determiend by the
> order in the requested_networks array.*
>

> Can any one help me understand on how the second case will come in
> determining the vNICs of VM while creating VM from Horizon.

Hi Trinath,

I think you're pointing to Quantum integration code in Nova. Horizon
support for Quantum is currently in review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/10116/

Based on plans, this will include the ability to specify the set of
networks that a VM will connect to.

Dan