Mailing List Archive

Re: [Blueprint quantum-l3-fwd-nat] Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension
HI everyone,

Being new to the list and the project. I was wondering where do we get
access to specific blueprint code. Particularly - "Nova-equivalent Quantum
L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension" blueprint?

It does NOT seem to be on the launchpad location.

*Launchpad does not know where OpenStack Quantum (virtual network service)
hosts its code.*

In particular the internals of this are important to review. What is the
code review process?

Thanks
Bill

Re: [Blueprint quantum-l3-fwd-nat] Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension [ In reply to ]
Hi Bill,

all Openstack project use the following tools:
- launchpad for tracking bug and specifications
- github for source code (github.com/openstack)
- gerrit for code review (review.openstack.org)

For the blueprint you're referring to, there isn't yet code available
(there will be soon).
Several blueprints have a detailed specification linked to the blueprint
itself. Usually this spec is a wiki page on wiki.openstack.org, but in
theory it could anything. For some simpler blueprints the specification is
on the whiteboard of the blueprint itself. It's a shame that not all
blueprints have some for of spec, and that we do not have yet a template
for building specifications.

Design discussions als happen every day on this mailing list and on the dev
IRC channel, #openstack-dev.

Once code will be available, gerrit will add a comment to the blueprint
pointing to the patch under review.
As soon as the review process is complete, gerrit will push the patch on
the github repo.

Some useful details are available at this page:
http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow

Hope this helps,
Salvatore

Re: [Blueprint quantum-l3-fwd-nat] Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando@nicira.com>wrote:

> Hi Bill,

If you look at the main quantum launchpad page (
https://launchpad.net/quantum), we point to github.com and
review.openstack.org:

Source code for Quantum can be found at http://github.com/openstack/quantum

Code Reviews for Quantum can be found at:
https://review.openstack.org/#q,status:open+project:openstack/quantum,n,z

> all Openstack project use the following tools:
> - launchpad for tracking bug and specifications
> - github for source code (github.com/openstack)

- gerrit for code review (review.openstack.org)

> For the blueprint you're referring to, there isn't yet code available
> (there will be soon).
> Several blueprints have a detailed specification linked to the blueprint
> itself. Usually this spec is a wiki page on wiki.openstack.org, but in
> theory it could anything. For some simpler blueprints the specification is
> on the whiteboard of the blueprint itself. It's a shame that not all
> blueprints have some for of spec, and that we do not have yet a template
> for building specifications.

This is a larger feature, so the proposed spec is available by clicking the
"Read the full specification" link on the blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-l3-fwd-nat . If the
link isn't working for you for some reason, let me know (it works in my
testing).

dan

> Design discussions als happen every day on this mailing list and on the
> dev IRC channel, #openstack-dev.
>
> Once code will be available, gerrit will add a comment to the blueprint
> pointing to the patch under review.
> As soon as the review process is complete, gerrit will push the patch on
> the github repo.
>
> Some useful details are available at this page:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow
>
> Hope this helps,
> Salvatore
>
> On 31 July 2012 16:30, Bill Shetti <billshetti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI everyone,
>>
>> Being new to the list and the project. I was wondering where do we get
>> access to specific blueprint code. Particularly - "Nova-equivalent Quantum
>> L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension" blueprint?
>>
>> It does NOT seem to be on the launchpad location.
>>
>> *Launchpad does not know where OpenStack Quantum (virtual network
>> service) hosts its code.*
>>
>> In particular the internals of this are important to review. What is the
>> code review process?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bill
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM, dan wendlandt <dan@nicira.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Blueprint changed by dan wendlandt:
>>>
>>> Whiteboard changed:
>>> - been focusing on core v2 API stuff until now. Still need to revive my
>>> - prototype and implement it on top of v2 API.
>>> + - router CRUD API (DONE)
>>> + - DB-plugin router CRUD impl (DONE)
>>> + - python-quantumclient + CLI router CRUD (In Progress)
>>> + - basic l3-agent, using polling (In Progress)
>>> + - NAT/floating-ip CRUD API
>>> + - DB-plugin NAT/floating-ip CRUD impl
>>> + - python-quantumclient + CLI NAT/floating-ip CRUD
>>> + - l3-agent with NAT
>>> + - l3-agent, overlapping IPs
>>> + - l3-agent, no polling
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension
>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-l3-fwd-nat
>>>

>> --

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
Re: [Blueprint quantum-l3-fwd-nat] Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension [ In reply to ]
Dan and Salvatore - thanks for the pointers. I see the new design doc for
the specific blueprint i am referring to, and will look out for code etc

Thanks
Bill